IDA takes a comprehensive simulation-driven approach to map out all aspects of sustainment and their effects on readiness outcomes. Our tools allow us to answer materiel readiness questions ranging from the tactical to the strategic. We focus on supporting the Services directly, with an emphasis on working-level engagement.
IDA is uniquely positioned to provide rigorous analyses and leverage our reproducible workflow in support of the DOD Sustainment enterprise. Our position as a non-profit FFRDC means we work only for the government, allowing us access to sensitive data without restriction, providing our expertise free from any conflicts of interest. We focus on directly supporting the Services, emphasizing working-level engagement with our sponsors.
Robust Data-Driven Decision Making
Cross-cutting data analyses
- Combine multiple data sources to reveal trends and gain insights
- Discover ground truth hidden by stovepiped processes
- Cannot explore “what if” scenarios
- Limited ability to tie decisions to outcomes
- Statistical approaches including machine learning
- Historical trends can reveal which factors may drive performance
- Limited ability to make specific or tactical predictions and recommendations
- Explicitly model all aspects of sustainment
- Predict how specific investments cause readiness changes
- Model quality is contingent on data quality
- Heavy initial lift to build the model
The DOD does very little of this approach ↗
IDA takes a comprehensive simulation-driven approach to map out all aspects of sustainment and their effects on readiness outcomes. We focus on the end-to-end sustainment system as a whole, and not just a single piece, primarily in regards to materiel readiness. Our work combines the strengths of cross-cutting data analysis to discover ground truth, correlative studies using statistical approaches to analyze historical trends, and the predictive capabilities of end-to-end simulations. Our tools allow us to answer real-world “what-if” questions ranging from the tactical to the strategic.