The Larry D. Welch Award was established in 2011 to honor individuals whose external publications excemplify General Welch's high standards of analytic excellence and relevance. The award recognizes the best external publication related to IDA business areas—or associated academic disciplines that form the building blocks of our expertise—appearing in peer-reviewed journals or other professional publications, including books and monographs.
Below is a list of past recipients.
- 2020 Joel Williamsen and Daniel Pechkis, OED, Asha Balakrishnan, STPI, and Stephen Ouellette, SED
- 2019 Erik Rosen, STD, Phil Koehn, STD, and Marie Talbott (formerly STD)
- 2018 Michael Fischerkeller, ITSD, and co-author Richard Harknett
- 2017 Dexter Fletcher, STD, James Kulik, STD consultant
- 2016 Arun Maiya, ITSD, Dale Visser, ITSD, and Andrew Wan, ITSD
- 2015 Jeremy Teichman, STD, and Lee Hirsch, STD
- 2014 Carl Gaither, Dawn Loper, Chris Jackson, OED, and Jasmina Pozderac (formerly OED)
- 2013 Kent Haspert, STD, and Mike Tuley, STD
- 2012 Kevin Woods, JAWD