This issue of IDA Research Notes is dedicated to the winner and finalists of IDA's inaugural Larry D. Welch Award for best external publication. Named in honor of former IDA president and US Air Force Chief of Staff, General Larry Welch, the award recognizes individuals who exemplify General Welch's high standards of analytic excellence through their publication in peer-reviewed journals or other professional publications, including books and monographs. The articles in this edition are executive summaries of the original published pieces. We have identified and credited the original publication for each article and, where possible, we have included a link or Quick Response (QR) code to the full piece.
- The Saddam Tapes: The Inner Workings of a Tyrant's Regime 1978-2001
- A New Methodology for Estimating Nerve Agent Casualties
- Rotorcraft Safety and Survivability
- Secure Cloud Based Computing
- Orbital Maneuver Optimization Using Time-Explicit Power Series
- Comparison of Predicted and Measured Multipath Impulse Responses