Sustaining technological superiority in an era of globalization is a major challenge for the U.S. national security community. This edition of Research Notes focuses on technological innovation—how the United States and others are pursuing it today, and the challenges and opportunities in fostering innovative technological developments to meet future national security needs. The individual articles summarize insights gained from past IDA research conducted for the Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal government organizations.
- Acquisition in a Global Technology Environment
- Lessons on Defense Research and Development Management
- Commercial Industry Research and Development Best Practices
- Strengthening Department of Defense Laboratories
- Policies of Federal Security Laboratories
- The Civilian Science and Engineering Workforce in Defense Laboratories
- Technology Transfer: Practices from the Department of Defense